Lee on Threes
Back Fence Video Production DVD
Finish Your Young Horse
First he works them in a schooling session out of the herd and evaluates them. Then he works them going around in the round pen. And, lastly, he works them out of the herd again and keeps his hand down to see “where they are”.
Lee’s goal is to identify their strengths and progressively show improvement with each work. He shares his insights cow-by-cow during each work every step of the way.
- NCHA Super Stakes Champion
- NCHA Futurity Reserve Champion
- NCHA Hall of Fame
This DVD has great insights for you in the following areas:
- Listening to a true professional’s comments about his horses AS HE WORKS THEM so you can see and hear how he evaluates his horse’s progress and his own training.
- Working flat, working around, and combining the two.
- Seeing how to stay up to a cow and move across a cow. Over and over again, Lee stresses stopping the cow.
- Absorbing gems of information, from comments Lee makes, for example:
…”If a horse isn’t hooking up to a cow, dry work him in front of a cow, and then go back to working a cow.”
… “Put a horse outside of a cow when it’s slow so he feels comfortable being outside of a cow.”
This DVD, like many of the Back Fence DVDs, has fantastic information contained in the words of Lee Francois.
My suggestion is to take notes and watch repeatedly to be able to apply Lee’s concepts to your personal schooling program. Within this hour of instruction there is wonderful, useful information.