"Insights" Cutting Edition
“How to Put Your Cutting Showing Skills in Fast Forward!”
Ways to Help You Dig Deep and Improve Your Showing
Kathy Daughn and Lindy Burch came together to give you
Kathy and Lindy Stated Clear, Concrete Solutions for the Following Challenges During an In-depth "Insights" Live Webcast:
Elements of good runs from their perspective as a judge
- Present a great 2 ½ minute performance
- Make a credit earning cut … big emphasis
- Show courage and control a cow
Defining credit earning cuts
- Driving cattle out far enough to cause the roll
- Select and control the cow you cut
- Importance of the first cut
How to drive out from the body of the herd
- Rule book definition
- Moving in a forward motion
- Smooth and controlled
- It’s an art … set the stage
Qualities of a good show horse
- Quick, wide stop
How to prepare a show horse and yourself
- Physical and mental warm-up
- Communication with the rider prep
- Visualization and mental block out all else
How to handle a string of “bad” runs
- Slow down
- Do things step-by-step
- Be honest correct mistakes … watch video
- Just do your job
- Take personal responsibility
Your top tips to your amateurs and non-pros
- Practice great cuts
- Stay even on the cow by working the cow
- Mentally practice
- Control the herd before you cut your cow
- Formula of cow goes, horse goes, we go
- Stay straight
How to learn how to sit deeply and quietly through the turn
- Mechanical cow to learn rhythm and mechanics
- Let the cow make the decision
- Sit like a church mouse … enjoy the stop
- Read the cow to see where to be … cow signals
How to learn how to read and work cattle
- Work cattle on foot
- Exercises to push a horse off and back a little
How to not “ruin” a horse as a beginner
- Keep your position … don’t lie to the horse
- Stop … rock back … keep your position
- Relate all to the cow
- Try to stop a cow when a cow will allow you to do so
How to separate schooling and showing
- Let the horse have it when they are good
- Don’t fatigue the horse
- Do multiple works
- Focus on what you want to achieve in short windows
Helping older horses get over mechanical cow fears.
People totally new to cutting should expect …
Staying focused before and during a run.
Handling prejudices from a judge.
Credit on cuts … driving a particular cow vs. shape.
Good for a trainer to show a horse first at a show?
How to transition between horses at shows.
When You Purchase this Program NOW, it Includes:
A Digital Audio of the "Insights" interview and the Q&A
You will receive a Digital Audio version … an hour-and-a-half of listening, or more.
Within 10-12 working days immediately after the webinar, (or sooner) you will receive access to a Digital Audio replay via an email. It will contain instructions for you to access the interview and the Q&A via a password protected webpage on our site. You may listen at any time from this webpage, or download the following:
You will receive a PDF transcript of the interview, which will be contained in the Digital Audio page.
As with all of our products, there is a 100% Guarantee.If you are unhappy with your purchase, just let me know within 30 days, and I will refund your money … no questions asked.
You must be logged in to post a comment.