“Insights“ Cutting Edition
“Untangle Your Herdwork.
- 35 years old
- NCHA earnings $4.8 million
- NCHA Riders Hall of Fame
- 2007 NCHA Futurity Champion on High Brow CD
- 2011 NCHA World Champion on Bet Hesa Cat
- 5-time Open Champion at the NCHA Eastern Nationals
- Won his division of the NCHA Futurity Champions Cup on High Brow CD
- 6-time winner at the Southern Futurity
2. The importance of herdwork
- Determines how a cow will work
- Builds your run
3. Fundamentals of making cuts
- Cut into the flow of cattle
- Be patient
- Develop timing
- Learn how a cow will react to a horse
- Be where they want to go
4. Bridging the gap from cutting for shape and cutting a specific cow
- Have cattle in mind
- Switch when a cow doesn’t feel good
- Learn traits of cattle that are not good in the herd
- Stay calm when cattle swirl in front of you
5. Watching cattle
- Learn traits of a good cow
- Discovering traits of slower and faster cattle
- Study the cattle of the day … get a feel for them
- Watch cattle as people before you work them
6. How to choose cattle for a particular horse
- Think of horse’s ability
- Think of horse’s age
- Watching cattle while loping your horse
7. How to move within the herd
- Move on a cow to control it
- Be in the flow of cattle
- See cattle on the backside of the flow
- Getting skilled at coming through the herd
8. Between cattle routine
- Strategizing how to cut your first cow
- Seeing where the next cow might be
9. Strategies for driving out
- Be purposeful re: traffic cattle
- Control your cow without scaring it
- Make YOUR OWN cut
10. How to coordinate your hands and your feet
- Keep your hand as low as possible
- Use your first
- Use your feet equally well
11. Austin’s biggest challenge?
1. How do you manage a small herd?
2. How do you make decisions when only a few cattle are left?
3. What is your strategy when you draw late in a set?
4. When you say, “study the cow” what are you evaluating?
5. The meaning of a horse to “get a hold of the cow”?
6. Please explain cutting for shape.
7. Comparison of High Brow CD and Bet Hesa Cat.
8. Meaning of, “Watch the cow’s eye to know what it’s going to do?”
9. Riding and focusing on the cow.
10. Herd splits and there’s nothing in front of you, what to do?
11. Any advice to keep my hand down and not be penalized?
12. When to quit the cow?
13. How to work with helpers at shows?
14. How to eliminate confusion between helpers?
When You Purchase this Program NOW, it Includes:
A Digital Audio of the “Insights” interview and the Q&A
You will receive a Digital Audio version … an hour-and-a-half of listening, or more.
You will receive access to a Digital Audio replay via an email. It will contain instructions for you to access the interview and the Q&A via a password protected webpage on our site. You may listen at any time from this webpage, or download the following:
You will receive a PDF transcript of the interview and Q&A, which may be accessed within the Digital Audio page.
As with all of our products, there is a 100% Guarantee.If you are unhappy with your purchase, just let me know within 30 days, and I will refund your money … no questions asked.
You must be logged in to post a comment.